- NEVER wear spandex!!! Let me say that again... NEVER wear spandex!! I do not care if you are a size 2 or 22, it is not flattering to anyone!!! No one wants to see the muffin top or the prominent hips bones EVER!!! We are so much better than this Divas!!
- Sweatpants!! A big NO NO NO!! Sweatpants are not cute or sexy and only belong in the gym!!
- Pajamas in public!! I don't care if you are just running to the corner store, pajamas are for sleep!!!
- PLEASE PLEASE do not wear pants with words scrawled across the butt!! I don't care how old you are!! Under 18, it is just creepy to let your child wear something that draws attention to her butt, 18-30 you should not want someone just ogling your behind, and over 30 it is back to creepy!
- My big beautiful Goddesses, please think more of your self than to wear the Disney, looney toons farm animals etc Tees other than to the gym ( I still do not like them even in the gym, because I feel if you look cute you feel better about yourself, even sweating your butt off in the gym.)
- And please plus sized gals. Stay away from the bikini at all cost!! I'm sorry sistah, it does not look good!!!!! All you are doing is opening yourself up to ridicule. An elegant one piece does wonders for the figure! Mystery is everything!
Here are a few tips for the different body shapes:
Pear Body shape: (Hips and thighs are wider than the rest of the body)
Round apple shaped bodies: V necks are your best friend. preferably one that's not too big but a bit curve hugging. A light colored cami or tank under a long sleeved jacket or shirt helps slim also. But again jacket and shirt cannot be too big on you. Jackets that have a tuck at the waist or drawstring slim as well. You want to take the attention from your midsection. Stay away from low rise jeans.
Straight figure with no curves ( boyish): Wide belts that sit on the hips. wear shirts or blouses with side darts. select pants that have a lower rise.
I am also a big believer in accessorizing: Jewelry, hats, headbands, scarves etc all add to a look and accentuate certain areas of the body. If you have big hips, tie a nice scarf around the neck, bringing the eyes up and away from the problem area. No matter what you decide looks good for you, remember, take pride in how you dress!! Jeans and a tee or a pantsuit can all look great if worn correctly!! Happy shopping divas!! And Remember the mirrors in the department stores CAN be your friend!! Look at yourself in an outfit from all angles before you buy it!! Do not rely on the salesperson, she is trying to make a sale and will tell you anything to get you to buy it!!